Monday, May 6, 2013

To the Manor Born


I think I've been watching too many British period piece films lately.




I seem to think that I'm living in a castle or manor house with lush lawns and maybe even a pond or two, with a fountain of course.




At my lovely home, with its soaring ceilings and finely detailed carved mouldings, are a whole staff of people at my beck and call.




Someone to tend to my varied rose gardens, and to bring fresh flowers to my bedside table each morning before I wake.




And another bouquet to accompany afternoon tea...with gluten free scones...hah!




Yes, my manor house is quite lovely this time of year, you would like it should your carriage end up turning down the tree lined lane of my imagination.


 

And after such a long journey to get here, I would surely have a bath drawn for you, scattered with what else but fresh rose petals.

The first blooms of the season are here on my David Austin Roses, and their heady fragrance has me channeling a little upper crust luxury I think. :)