Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dear Earthquake


Dear Earthquake, just moments before you visited I was doing this.  I was also outside trying out the video feature on my camera, but had just come in when you made your presence known.  Apparently I was never meant to be an ireporter, and I'm ok with that.


We thought you were a helicopter, they fly low and loud over us often, but when things began to fall and the windows started to shake we knew you were just pretending to be a helicopter.  

We appreciate that you left so quickly, and we knew who you were because we had lived through your wrath once while living in California years ago.  Thank you also for causing so little damage and as of now, no injuries.

I don't, however, appreciate you shutting down Metro, bridges, and making life otherwise difficult for all of the people who have to commute home.  But I will overlook things like that since my family and friends are all safe.

I sincerely hope that you and your siblings, who have done far worse throughout the world, will behave yourselves...I for one am not ready to have the world come to an end...if you'll reference my last post you'll clearly see that I just purchased a plane ticket to Europe next month, and I have lots of other things on my to do list!

If you want to make much of the East Coast into an island, I would be open to that, but please give me a little more advance warning next time, since I will need something much larger than a kayak to get around.

Oh, and one more thing, since you have already visited, would you mind speaking to your cousin Hurricane Irene?  Although we are more accustomed to visits from that side of the weather family, we really don't have room for any more drama...thanks!

Sincerely,

Kat